This dish would pair well with the Israeli couscous.
4 chicken breasts, flattened with meat pounder
sea salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 teas. red pepper flakes (or more, for kick)
1/2 cup flour
4 tbsp. olive oil
4 tbsp. butter
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
4 -5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp. capers, rinsed
Spicy Italian Seasonings (I bought a pack of Arrabbiata seasoning from Italy, but you can add your own blend of spices)
1/4 cup white wine
2 vine ripened tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp dried parsley (or fresh)
handful pinenuts, for garnish
Fresh lemon juice (optional)
1. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large saute pan. Meanwhile, mix together the flour, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes and then dredge the chicken breasts in this flour mixture.
2. Saute the chicken breasts in the saute pan, over medium high heat, until golden brown on both sides.
3. Add in garlic and onions, and saute along chicken for few minutes. Season with the Italian spices.
4. Add in capers, then add the white wine to deglaze.
5. Add the tomatoes, and cover and cook on low for a few minutes.
6. Add the parsley and lemon juice, and garnish with pine nuts before serving.