For the sauce:
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic
For the kebabs:
- 4 6-ounce halibut fillets, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 package button mushrooms, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 red onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 Tbsp Butter (or olive oil)
1) Puree the Sauce ingredients in a processor. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2) Marinate halibut in olive oil, salt and pepper, for about 15 minutes.
Prepare the skewers in the meantime by soaking them in water for 15 minutes.
3) Thread the halibut and vegetables on the skewers.
4) Preheat a grill pan on high heat, and add the butter. Brown the butter, but don’t burn it.
5) Place the skewers on the grill pan and sear all sides, then lower heat to medium.
Rotate kebabs occasionally so that all sides get grilled. Grill until the halibut is cooked through.
6) Spoon the herb sauce on the serving plate, and place the grilled kebabs over the sauce, and serve.