Ingredients for Scallops:
Salt and pepper
5 tbsp Flour
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
juice from 1/4 lemon
1. Mix the flour with salt and pepper, and dredge the scallops in this mixture.
2. Heat a large saute pan over high heat, and add the olive oil and butter (If you prefer to only use olive oil that is OK too). Heat until sizzling.
3. Add the scallops to the pan, and sear. Flip them over and sear the other side. Reduce heat to medium, and saute until the scallops are done. Sprinkle with the fresh lemon juice.
Ingredients for Tomato Sauce:
3 tbsp Olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
12 – 1 4 Campari Tomatoes, quartered
4 tbsp chopped Fresh parsley
10 -12 leaves Fresh basil, torn
1 tbsp Fresh chives, chopped
red pepper flakes (optional)
1/4 cup White wine
1. In a deep saute pan, add the olive oil and butter over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic and saute for a few minutes, until fragrant.
3. Turn the heat up to medium high, and add the tomatoes. Let the tomatoes sizzle and cook for a few minutes, and then gently saute to incorporate with the onions and garlic. Tomatoes should remain a bit chunky.
4. Add the herbs, and mix well. Add salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste.
5. Add the wine, and gently mix.
6. Serve sauce over al dente pasta, topped with your sauteed scallops, and Enjoy!