4 chicken breasts ( halve them so you end up with 8 thin filets)
1/2 cup flour
Sea salt and pepper
Red pepper flakes
Greek seasonings (such as oregano, basil parsley)
3-4 tablespoons olive oil
3-4 tablespoons butter
2 shallots, sliced
1/2 cup organic chicken stock
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon saffron, crushed
Garnish: chopped fresh basil, chopped fresh chives
1) Pound the chicken breasts so that they are flattened. Meanwhile heat up the olive oil and butter
in a large saute pan on med-high
2) Mix the flour and and spices together, and dredge the chicken in this flour mixture.
3) Add the chicken to the pan, and sauté one side until golden brown. Add in the shallots, and turn the chicken to sauté the other side
4) After both sides are golden brown, add in the chicken stock. Simmer on low for about 5-6 minutes.
5) Crush the saffron in a mortar and pestle. Warm heavy cream in a microwave. Add the crushed saffron to the warmed heavy cream, stir well until you see that beautiful cognac reddish color.
6) Add the heavy cream mix to the chicken, and turn heat off. Let the chicken stand for a few minutes to absorb the saffron flavor. Garnish w/ the fresh herbs. Serve over pasta or rice.